The 8th Annual NEXUS Global Summit on next gen philanthropy, impact investing, and social entrepreneurship will be held in New York City from July 27th-28th, 2018 with an optional Opening Plenary and Reception on July 26th at The United Nations.
While admission to the summit is largely via application, NEXUS is pleased to invite young funders who are JFN members to bypass the formal application review process and “Direct Register” for the summit at a discounted rate of $1,000 (typically tickets are $1500). To begin this process, email Tamar Frydman at JFN: firstname.lastname@example.org (JFN members only)
Background: In only 7 years, NEXUS has grown to be the largest network of significant young philanthropists, impact investors, and social entrepreneurs in the world. NEXUS host summits annually in Europe, USA, Asia, Australia, Africa, Latin America and the Middle East. They have held summits at The Obama White House and No. 10 Downing Street; with the Prime Minister of Lebanon and the First Lady of Australia.
The Global Summit: The FLAGSHIP Global Summit showcases the most innovative ideas, brightest minds and most strategic approaches and solutions to social problems from around the world. It is an exclusive gathering of 500+ leading next gen philanthropists, impact investors and social entrepreneurs from over 70 countries. They will hear from inspiring young leaders and U.N. officials and brainstorm creative solutions to pressing problems facing our generation globally in 2018.
Summit Highlights Include: Exclusive Braintrusts with U.N. Agencies, Bridge-Building dinners co-hosted by NEXUS regional leaders and NEXUS US City leaders and an evening devoted to receptions & dinners focused on issue area themes. On Sunday July 29th, NEXUS member-led Working Groups will host optional offerings including brunches, sites visits, trainings and more. Registered Delegates will receive invitations to all optional programming in early July. Check out a short highlight video of their 2017 Global summit here.
Topics Include: Impact Investing, climate change, blockchain, family business, future of work, gun control, criminal justice, gender parity, human trafficking, mental health, refugees, healthy democracy, bio-hacking, health & wellness, education, entrepreneurship, energy innovation, animal welfare, purpose, artificial intelligence, regenerative culture, future of food, film/media, disability rights, indigenous sovereignty, ethical fashion, sports for good, global governance and more...
- Mary Robinson, Former President of Ireland & Past UN High Commissioner for Human Rights
- Dan Schulman, President & CEO, Paypal
- HRH Prince Khaled of Saudi Arabia, Founding Chairman, KBW Investments
- Gunhild Stordalen, Founder, EAT Foundation & Co-Founder Stordalen Philanthropic Foundation
- Johan Ernst Nilson, International Adventure Activist
- Riccardo Sabatini, Renowned Human Genome Scientist
- Emmanuel Kelly, “First Differently-Abled Pop-Star"
- Aleksandra O. Nilssen, CEO & Founder of Nanofasa Conservation Organization
- Zachary Quinn, Founder, Love your Melon
- Elisha London, Founder, The Global Campaign for Mental Health
- Xiuhtezcatl Martinez, Indigenous Environmental Activist & Hip Hop Artist
- Robbert Muggah, Founder, Instituto Igarapé
Che Kothari, Photographer, Director, Producer, Organizer, Manager, Instigator, & Artist
JFN Members: sign in here, then reload this page and you will be able to RSVP.
JFN events are open to JFN members and other funders who are eligible for JFN membership.
Non-members: click here to request to RSVP for this event.
Non-members in Israel should email email@example.com.