In the wake of Hurricanes Harvey and Irma, natural disaster relief and preparedness have come to the foreground of communal conversations. How has the Jewish philanthropic field responded to these hurricanes, and how are we preparing for future disasters?
Join us for a discussion of how to fund quickly, respond strategically, and find partners on the ground in the midst of a natural disasters.
- Deena Fuchs, Senior Director of Strategy and Partnerships, The AVI CHAI Foundation
- Mark Gurvis, Executive Vice President, The Jewish Federations of North America (JFNA)
- David Kaplan, Executive Director, NECHAMA: Jewish Response to Disaster
- Maya Kroitoru, Senior Program Director - Disaster Response, American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC)
- William Recant, Government Affairs/Disaster Relief/Expert/Assistant Executive VP, American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC)
JFN Members: sign in here, then refresh this page to RSVP.
JFN events are open to JFN members and other funders who are eligible for JFN membership.
Non-members: click here to request to RSVP for this event.
Non-members in Israel should email firstname.lastname@example.org.