A Three-Session Course for Donors*
Join us on June 3, 10, and 17 for a course focused on placing values at the forefront of your conversations in strategic philanthropy. Facilitated by leading family philanthropy advisors, this seminar helps family funders identify and use core values as a framework to keep them aligned when navigating the challenges of their philanthropic work—particularly around the difficult conversations that arise within families, with grantees, or in aspects of their decision-making and grantmaking. Each session is 90 minutes, and participants should plan to attend all three.
Over the three meetings, participants will:
· Establish the values that can serve as a framework for coherent grantmaking.
· Learn how to develop governance and operating policies, practices, and group norms that support decision-making and power sharing.
· Learn how to better engage in conversations that take place as being part of a foundation board that may potentially be difficult or tense – with grantees, other family members, staff, other trustees, etc.
· Learn how to apply the values to turn the inherent tensions that can arise in philanthropic conversations toward important and healthy deliberations about philosophy and strategy.
* Enrollment is restricted to individual donors and family members/trustees of family foundations.
Free to JFN members
$180 for eligible non-members
Ceres Group Advisors
JFN Members: sign in here, then refresh this page to RSVP.
JFN events are open to JFN members and other funders who are eligible for JFN membership.
Non-members: click here to request to RSVP for this event.
Non-members in Israel should email email@example.com.