We're still planning events and gathering news and resources for responding to Hurricane Harvey, even as Hurricane Irma strikes. Stay tuned for further updates, but here's what we have as of today. If you have an update you'd like to include on our site, please email it to [email protected].
Webinar Thursday (Sep 14):
- Deena Fuchs, Senior Director of Strategy and Partnerships, The AVI CHAI Foundation
- Mark Gurvis, Executive Vice President, The Jewish Federations of North America (JFNA)
- David Kaplan, Executive Director, NECHAMA: Jewish Response to Disaster
Steven Woolf, Senior Tax Policy Counsel, The Jewish Federations of North America (JFNA)
Our friends at the Foundation Center have flagged the following resources as being of interest to JFN members:
Measuring the State of Disaster Philanthropy is an online platform where funders and implementing organizations can find disaster-related giving data from private foundations, FEMA, UN OCHA, OECD and other donors. These data can be broken down by type of emergency, assistance strategy, and region and can be used by funders to identify major gaps and key partners, in addition to learning from other funders.
- The Center for Disaster Philanthropy has the following resources that might be helpful:
- General background information and list of major actors: http://disasterphilanthropy.org/disaster/hurricane-harvey
- Webinar recording on how donors can help: http://disasterphilanthropy.org/event/hurricane-harvey-recovery-donors-can-help
- Hurricane Harvey Recovery Fund: http://disasterphilanthropy.org/cdp-fund/cdp-hurricane-harvey-recovery-fund
- Weinberg Foundation Approves $500,000 in Emergency Funding for Hurricane Harvey Relief
- NECHAMA: Jewish Response to Disaster Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund
- Resources for Responding to Hurricane Harvey from Center for Effective Philanthropy
We'll keep you posted with more resources and developments as they occur.