The Refugee and Evicted Crisis
Needs, Responses, and Initiatives on the Ground
The meeting will be held on zoom IN HEBREW
Thursday, October 19, 10:00-11:30 Israel Time
Since the war began, tens of thousands of residents from the south and north have been evacuated and fled their homes. In this session we will receive an up-to-date picture of the situation, hear about existing emergency mechanisms and of organizers on the ground.
Objectives of the meeting:
- Receive an up-to-date analysis
- Understand emergency mechanisms in a strategic perspective
- Identify the gaps within the short, medium, and long term response efforts
- Home Front Command Representation – Situation Report from the Field
- Representatives of Organizations – The Israeli Forum for International Humanitarian Aid: Yotam Polizer, CEO of IsraAID, – An in-depth look at the evacuee centers, needs, responses and a long-term perspective
- Voices from the Field – Gadi Yarkoni, Head of the Eshkol Regional Council – Pressing challenges and the role of regional councils in the current crisis
* If time permits, we will continue in conversation to discuss effective and sustainable ways of responding in philanthropy at this time.
JFN Members: sign in here, then refresh this page to RSVP.
JFN events are open to JFN members and other funders who are eligible for JFN membership.
Non-members: click here to request to RSVP for this event.
Non-members in Israel should email [email protected].