Wildfires in greater Los Angeles have killed people and are destroying thousands of homes, as well as Jewish institutions: Camp Hess Kramer, Gindling Hilltop Camp, Shalom Institute (Camp JCA Shalom), and Ilan Ramon Day School. In this briefing, local Jewish communal leaders discuss the impact of this disaster on the Jewish community in the region and how funders can help.
- Jay Sanderson, President & CEO, Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles
- Bill Kaplan, Executive Director, Shalom Institute (Camp JCA Shalom)
- Rabbi Paul Kipnes, Congregation Or Ami
- Seth Toybes, Director, Wilshire Boulevard Temple Camps
- Moderator: Tzivia Schwartz Getzug, West Coast Director, JFN