Jewish Funders Network grows the size and impact of Jewish philanthropy. We connect funders together, empower individual excellence, and catalyze collective action. We work for a vibrant, meaningful, inclusive, interconnected, creative, and compassionate world. Learn more >>
Two new reports from Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors explore impact investing:
Relationships between funders and their grantees are crucial because the two must work well together if they are to achieve shared goals. But funder–grantee relationships can be fraught due to the inherent power imbalance between those who have resources and those who need them. How can funders effectively navigate this dynamic to build and maintain strong relationships with their grantees?
Monday, November 27, 2017 at 06:30 PMHome of a JFN member in NYC
How do we, as funders, consider the changing fabric of Jewish families in our giving? Join us for an intimate funder conversation with voices from PJ Library, Honeymoon Israel, and UJA-Federation of New York—three organizations that are responding to the needs of today's Jewish families in creative and meaningful ways.
SPONSORS:Monday, December 04, 2017 at 03:00 PMSeyfarth Shaw LLP in New York, NY
The first event in a series on Regenerative Real Estate / Impact Real Estate, sponsored by the Jacob and Anita Penzer Foundation, produced by Alexander Golding, in partnership with Jewish Funders Network
When we think of impact investing, we often think of aligning our stock portfolios with our values. But we should think of real estate as well. With real estate impact investing, funders can make progress toward multiple social and environmental missions while simultaneously addressing the nationwide crisis that is the lack of quality affordable housing.
This event, open to the general real estate investor community and to members of Jewish Funders Network, will cover Affordable Housing. The educational "boot camp" will be followed by a cocktail party. Expect to leave with actionable takeaways to employ in your future impact real estate investments.
Takeaways will include:
- Overview of the affordable housing landscape
- The difference between affordable housing and the affordability of housing
- Specific deals and strategies so you can be at the intersection of money and meaning
- Strategies on how workforce development will help the community
- Insights on the tax consequences of the proposed Trump tax plan
- Eddie Lorin, Founder and CEO of Impact Housing
- John Shire, Equity Partner at Seyfarth Shaw LLP and Partner & Co-Founder of The Impact Investment Forum
- Donnel Baird, Founder and CEO of BlocPower.
- Mickey Penzer, Vice President and Head of Strategic Partnerships at the Penzer Family Office.
Please note: this event will take place in New York City the day before the JLens Jewish Impact Investing Summit.
$ Please note: this event is listed with a $100 ticket price, but JFN members can attend gratis. Email Shira Uriarte to get your member discount code.