Membership is open to individuals and foundations that give away at least $25,000 annually in philanthropic dollars, and do so in the name of Jewish values, no matter whether the funds go to specifically Jewish causes or to broader areas. Membership dues are based on your annual grant allocations (to any and all grantees) according to the dues schedule below.
All information about JFN members is held in the strictest of confidence and is not publicly disclosed. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Samantha L. Anderson, Senior Director of Member Services, at 212.726.0177 x210 or email@example.com.
Independent Funders & Private Foundations in the U.S.
- Membership is open to individuals and foundations that give away at least $25,000 annually in philanthropic dollars, and do so in the name of Jewish values, no matter whether the funds go to specifically Jewish causes or to broader areas.
Public Foundations in the U.S.
- Direct grants must be at least $100,000 per year
- At least 50 percent of the expense budget is for direct grants (these grants may not include amounts paid to subsidiary chapters or organizations, nor allocations to pre-selected grantee organizations – as in federated funds)
- Grantees must be multiple individuals or organizations
- Funding is predominantly private, rather than public (i.e. governmental)
Foundations Outside of the U.S.
- The organization makes grants for charitable purposes
- Direct grant program must be at least U.S. $25,000 per year
- At least 40 percent of the total organizational budget is for direct grants to multiple individuals or organizations
- Funding is predominantly from non-governmental sources
- A Giving Circle is defined as a group of people who pool their charitable donations and decide together where to allocate their resources
- Direct grants must total at least $50,000 per year
- Giving Circles may name two representatives to enjoy JFN member benefits. These representatives should, ideally, be JFN eligible themselves, but this is not required.
- A 10% discount for any Giving Circle member who wishes to join JFN individually will be extended
Annual Grant Allocations
Jewish Professionals at
Please note: JFN membership dues may be applied as part of your foundation's annual distribution requirements.